Thursday, June 7, 2018

Dalgety Bay - Syrph City

Well as predicted there's been a slowing of pace in the additions but with some nice things. Most significant was my 6th new hover fly and 2nd new county hover of the year in Brachyopa insensilis.

I was planning to key out my first caddis last night as I don't get many in the garden moth trap. It looks like what I believe is called a Cinnamon Sedge, but I couldn't find the damn book. Very irritating..

Anyway, the Brachyopa more than compensated and the caddis will wait.

Brachyopa insensilis

Criorhina floccosa

Criorhina floccosa

Numbers:
901 diptera Melanomya nana Little Black Blow Fly
902 lep-moth Agrotis exclamationis Heart & Dart
903 diptera Chrysogaster solstitialis A hover fly
904 fungus Protostropharia semiglobata Dung Roundhead
905 diptera Volucella pellucens  Syrphidae
906 diptera Criorhina floccosa A hoverfly
907 diptera Hebecnema vespertina A muscid fly
908 diptera Nemopoda nitidula Sepsidae
909 lep-moth Korscheltellus lupulina Common Swift
910 * diptera Brachyopa insensilis A hover fly

No comments:

Post a Comment