Monday, January 30, 2017

NT1582, Dalgety Bay - springtail Gastranurida denisi

A springtail described by Bagnall in 1939, not seen since 1940 in Britain, and never seen by anyone else except Bagnall (per Hopkin, FSC "A Key to the Collembola")

Until yesterday morning anyway ... now it's been seen in Fife. By me. Get in!

A small group were found grazing on a whelk shell below the tideline and potted, presumed to be the more common maritime one whose name I couldn't remember. Only problem is when keying it out it didn't have quite enough eyes.

Try as I might I couldn't get it to be anything else, so I sent off some pics this morning and received confirmation back pretty quickly. Happy days!

Value in my 1k square count: 1


a la Damien Hirst

The keying

The knockout punch photo

the ocelli/PAO diagram in Hopkin




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete