Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Skye - quick update

Just had a male Mottled Grey Colostygia multistrigaria flying around the security light outside. Not the Winter Moth I initially expected (and which I've STILL to see this year!) My book reckons mid February is too early for this species' flight season, yet it is currently being regularly caught by local moth-ers (see Skye Moths Facebook Page) A global warming caused phenology shift maybe?

It's a really big pot, in case you were puzzled by the moth's apparent diminutive size!
Just a couple of bits to add on from the last update -

319 Coprinellus micaceus (from last week, happier with ID now - cheers Ali!)
320 Laminaria hyperborea - Cuvie (somehow I'd missed this off the list)
321 Mottled Grey - Lifer

Hoping to get out tomorrow and seek out a few extra seaweeds for the tally. Plus whatever else I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment