Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Dalgety Bay - Sunny Day Sweepin' the Clouds Away

So since the sun came out and the temperature shot above 20 I of course went on holiday for three days to the west coast. Very nice it was too. Good for family times but didn't do much for my totals.

Hopefully I'll score a Speckled Wood at lunchtime (a recent county addition and in my square, too). A couple of new flies for me which means my total lifers this year approaches 100. Can't be bad, plus two of those are noted as "wetland" species so raising hopes of other interesting stuff later. This is the weird and wonderful Baryphyma trifrons


I'll post final details of reaching the 700 tomorrow (that'll be that jinxed then!)

Numbers
677 diptera Phaonia serva Muscidae
678 diptera Fannia lustrator Fanniidae
679 hemiptera Drepanosiphum platanoidis Sycamore aphid
680 bird Actitis hypoleucos Common Sandpiper
681 diptera Lucilia sericata A blowfly
682 diptera Phaonia errans A muscid fly
683 diptera Hydrophoria linogrisea A flower fly
684 * fungus Puccinia tumida A rust on pignut
685 lep-moth Abrostola tripartita The Spectacle
686 lep-moth Panolis flammea Pine Beauty
687 flowering plant Ulmus glabra Wych Elm
688 * diptera Chironomus aprilinus A non-biting midge
689 * spider Baryphyma trifrons A Linyphiid spider
690 diptera Dicranomyia chorea Tipuloidea
691 * diptera Tipula vittata A crane fly
692 * diptera Ptychoptera albimana A crane fly
693 diptera Tipula rufina A crane fly
694 diptera Epistrophe elegans A hoverfly
695 diptera Cheilosia illustrata A hoverfly

3 comments:

  1. Thought you'd been quiet Ali. I also had Baryphyma trifrons recently, an excellent spider. By the way, do you know how to receive notifications when there's been a new post or comment, I'm a bit slow on the uptake on such things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... if you have a blog and you're linking to this blog from it I suppose the link would update. Other than that no idea! I just look when I'm a t work, so mon-fri really

      Delete
    2. Baryphyma trifrons certainly looks a striking spider.

      Delete