Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shotesham TM2499

Bit quiet here today, too cold. After notching up March Moth and Spring Usher in the trap last night, the best I could do today was to notice the shoots of Ground Elder poking up around the garden. I did look at three spiders I had in the queue though. One from last week is definitely Zygiella x-notata and another is Amaurobius sp. but I can't fully confirm to species. The third is Lycosidae but I haven't got any further than that yet, but haven't given up yet.

Here's the Spring Usher and another in my collection of lichen photos. I do now own a lichen book, I just haven't put it to practical use yet. Bit scared to be honest...



2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed browsing your blog, Seth.
    Here's to another successful year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Peter, thanks mate. I'll be expecting to hear from you in about 6 weeks time when you start seeing those Large Torts again!!! Purple Hairstreak egg and a single Red Admiral are all I've seen thus far. Things can only improve, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete