Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ton Up

First milestone reached. 100th species - Stinking Hellebore, which also gave me 101 - Ramularia hellebori.

The list is in the comments to my first post, I've yet to go through & double check quite how many 'lifers' there are so far, I think it's 14 - mainly fungi but a couple of leaf miners & lichens too.

I thought it may be interesting to map out the first sightings of each species to see where the hotspots are & where I haven't been looking hard enough.




Still some big gaps - common birds still to add include pied wagtail, wren & collared dove. There's no molluscs on the list yet and only one spider. There's still St John's Wood to explore and vast swathes of Harpenden Common to look around.

Just have to remember - it's a marathon, not a sprint!

No comments:

Post a Comment