Monday, March 4, 2013

SP5595ish - Moth Trap

Ran one of my garden traps last night, an 80W/11W Actinic/CFL combo. My garden is historically poor for early season moths, so once they are starting to regularly appear in that I'll fire up a 125W MV and swap the actinic for my 22W/18W Synergetic/CFL combo. Always pays to run different light options, even in a very modest suburban garden, though my 250W metal halide eye cancer trap is too bright for the neighbours and overhead air traffic. Aside from another couple of Dotted Borders and an Agonopterix heracliana, I added Satellite and March Moth to the list. Note that anything taken in my moth traps is dated to the night that the trap was set (as per moth recording convention).

Taxon Vernacular Date Added
181 Alsophila aescularia March Moth 03/03/2013
180 Eupsilia transversa Satellite 03/03/2013


Should be a few more before the end of the week, and no doubt conditions will be perfect between 11th - 14th whilst I am working in Turkey .....

3 comments:

  1. Oh bugger, I was wondering when you'd slap on the moth trap. Now we're ALL doomed as Mr Skev pulls away into the 500s.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're all safe :-) I don't expect to top 400 leps in total from my square (bulk of that from the garden). All my big lists are from out of garden trips to proper woodland or quarry sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete