Sunday, March 3, 2013

Trees

Decided to walk around my square to id trees in the week just gone.I haven't managed to id all yet as I have to go back with a camera! However I did find 14 Goat Willow Lime Beech Oak Cherry Hawthorn Hazel Holly Horse Chestnut Maple Plane Rowan Sycamore Maple Hope they all count! Next will be plants - not very good at those but will have a go this week.There are lots! 2 Spiders Zygiella x-notata and Pholcus phalangioides 34 Birds (now) Robin, Blue , Great, Coal and LT Tit H,Sparrow, Dunnock, Blackbird, Crow, Magpie, Jackdaw Starling,Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Wren,Blackcap, BH Gull,Canada Goose, Egyptian, Mallard, Tufted Duck Common Gull, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Coot, Moorhen, LBBGull, RN Parakeet, Cormorant, Woodpigeon, Collard Dove, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Pied Wagtail. Herring Gull. I make that the first 50 - a long way to go!

3 comments:

  1. What kind of oak? which lime? which hawthorn? C'mon C - you gotta do this properly, lol. Still in shock that you've got "stripey beetle" up on the rest of us. Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - on the latest scores I see I have relocated to Norfolk ....nope not yet I am still in West London!

    Lol Seth - I am happy in my UK Pan listing species list to have at least one over you! I wonder what else I actually have seen in my travels that would make my overall list much healthier?

    Thats the problem of seeing lots over the years but not knowing their names! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete