Friday, April 26, 2013


Since my last post I’ve taken the opportunity to explore my square some more on just a few occasions. The hit rate for identifying new species is low, principally because I am having to work quite hard on each identification (limitations on my knowledge). I have also just taken on a new BTO Breeding Bird Survey square, which has taken me away from my own 1000for1ksq square. Again, in no particular order here are the latest additions to the list, and I've even tried to include some pictures this time!:

75.  Orchesella villosa (a springtail)
76.  Zelotes latreillei (a spider)
77.  Coal tit
78.  Common centipede, Lithobius forficatus.
79.  Pill woodlouse, Armadilidium vulgare.
80.  Common rough woodlouse, Porcellio scaber.
81.  Fox
82.  Broad-leaved dock, Rumex obtusifolius.
83.  Anthocomus fasciatus (a beetle).
84.  Whitethroat.
85.  Wild cherry, Prunus avium.
86.  Common hawthorn, Crataegus monogyna.
87.  Blackthorn, Prunus spinosa.
88.  Small tortoiseshell, Aglais urticae.
89.  Peacock butterfly, Inachis io.
90.  Reed bunting.
91.  Horse chestnut, Aesculus hippocastanum.
92.  Small grape hyacinth¸ Muscari botryodes.
93.  White-legged snake millipede, Tachypodoiulus niger.
94.  Common wasp, vespula vulgaris.
95.  Sweet violet, Viola odorata.
96.  Hedge bindweed, Calystegia sepium.
97.  Tansy, Tanacetum vulgare.
98.  Yarrow, Achillea millefolium.
99.  White deadnettle, Lamium album.
100.               Green field speedwell, Veronica agrestis.
101.               Limax flavus (a slug).
102.               Common orange lichen, Xanthoria parietina.
103.               Silver birch, Betula pendula.

Ah, I seem to have hit a tonne.

No comments:

Post a Comment