391. Cauchas (Adela) rufimitrella - Longhorn moth on the big patch of alliaria in the South Burn woods
392. Wild Cherry - kept forgeting to look for it as there are only a few wild trees around.
393. Ox-eye Daisy - on the grassy road verge.
394. Helophilus hybridus - half a dozen of this hoverfly on the dark pool by the carpark on the fell
395. Brown Silver-lines - flushed this moth from the heather
396. Green Longhorn (Adela reaumurella) - Another Longhorn moth, displaying on the heather
397. Nomada marshamella - a Cuckoo bee visiting the Ashy Mining Bee nest holes along the sandy footpath
398. Green Hairstreak - checked the main colony area but no sign of any for the 2nd year running. A single elsewhere, clinging to the gorse and on the ground was all I got for all that searching
399. Melanostoma scalare - Hoverfly, potted up and checked when I got home.
400. Cheilosia bergenstammi- keyed out this hoverfly several times to check so I'm fairly confident I have correctly id'd it. New for me.
|Green Hairstreak (love the eye-liner)|
|Mosses & Liverworts||40||50|
|Fungi & Slime Moulds||9||20|
|Amphibians & Reptiles||1||5|
|Aggregates & hybrids (not included) 13|
NZ2549 (Co. Durham)