Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1st

Well it is a start. The weather was really good so also did a bit of patch birding.
My first find was a House Spider at 12:03 this morning, I then waited for daylight.
14 species of bird, mainly at the bird table.and a few plants in flower. 5 Roe Deer sunning themselves in a field was a nice sight.

Grand total for the day = 28 species.




Blackbird
Collared Dove
Hawthorn
Jackdaw
Starling
Woodpigeon
Robin
House Spider
Greenfinch
House Sparrow
Dunnock
Blue Tit
Ivy
Bramble
Chaffinch
Groundsel
Cleavers
White Dead Nettle
Rook
Daisy
Oak
Elder
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Dandelion
Common Mallow
Roe Deer
Great Tit
Garlic Mustard

3 comments:

  1. Are you aware that Ivy has now been split into two species? What used to be ssp. hibernica is now a full species which I think has been named Atlantic Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atlantic Ivy!?!?!? Wow, Day Two and already the collective knowledge of this group has unearthed a hidden gem! Bet not many non-botanists knew about that particular split (or was it just me?) Good to know this sort of thing for future trips further afield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. News to me too. According to "A Flora of Norfolk" we only get H helix here in Norfolk as a native, so I'll assume that's what I'm seeing. I'll have a closer look though. Thanks GWG

    ReplyDelete