Monday, January 14, 2013

SX5249 update

Everything has been a bit slow this week with poor weather, family, the patchwork challenge and work interfering with the job at hand! I am up to 92 species overall with 5 more new species for me. Started sorting out some ferns including Maidenhair Spleenwort on the garden wall and managed to finally identify Sweet Violet now it is in flower along one of the lanes. A Golden Plover calling in the mist for an hour or so was only the second square record.

I am really enjoying getting into Snails! Best of the week was this:

Oxychilus draparnaudi
Organism of the week goes to Rabbit however as I had no clue where I was going to pick one up having never seen one on the square. I am also indebted to my two year old son who, on his own volition, found an earwig and brought it to show me bringing me up to my current total!

List can be viewed here (the excel format does not seem to come out right - I'm working on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment