Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Whetstone, SP5595ish 01/01/2013

Off to an underwhelming steady start to my 1000 in 1kmsq challenge, mainly due to spending most of the daylight hours out of the square making a better start on my January and Patch bird lists. Despite this, I've ended the day (so far) on 25 species including the family members. I probably could have made more effort in the garden during a brief lunch stop, but I focussed on a few innocuous bits that I knew were there like these:

Grey-cushioned Grimmia

Marchantia polymorpha

Xanthoria parietina

Also managed to find something I can't ID as yet - looks like some sort of slime mould .....


Here's what I recorded (click for legible):

3 comments:

  1. Apparently, the way to identify slime moulds is to spread them on your toast in the morning because they all have distinctive tastes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog's Vomit Slime being the most notable, lol

    ReplyDelete